- 8 weekly 45-minute socially-distanced indoor classes including parent education to help adults understand and enhance their child's musical development.
- Unlimited drop-in Zoom classes: in addition to your regular weekly class, you are welcome to attend as many of our drop-in Zoom classes as you wish! Sign-up is easy and automated through the Family Portal on our website. A Zoom link will be immediately sent to you in your email confirmation.
- A professionally recorded CD and beautifully illustrated songbook, including a unique digital access code to unlock the song collection through the free Hello Everybody app as well as the Family Music Zone online.
- On-demand musical activity videos prepared by our staff and shared weekly in our new private Facebook group exclusively for enrolled Winter Session families as well as the Family Portal on our website.
- Bonus content including musical craft and game ideas, parent education topics and more.
- A quarterly e-newsletter and access to the national informative website.
- For new families, a booklet entitled "Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers"
We have a special opportunity to come together in person for Music Together in a socially-distanced indoor setting amidst highly unique circumstances. In order for our teachers and center as a whole to be able to provide this educational offering, we need the full cooperation of every participating family in adhering to the following policies and procedures which meet the State of CT guidelines:
- Please be sure to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled class time to complete the check-in process before class begins. We have added additional time between class groups to allow for an easy, spacious arrival window.
- Classes will be held in the Parish Hall at St. James’s Episcopal Church, accessed by the white door adjacent to the parking lot.
- Upon arrival, temperatures will be checked with an infrared thermometer and a health questionnaire will be signed by each family.
- Be prepared to take your shoes off and please bring minimal belongings into class as the only things you’ll need are yourselves, your singing voices, and your Family Music Tote! (see below)
- Classes will be limited to a maximum of 8 families.
- A maximum of 2 adults per family may attend class.
- All adults, including our teachers, must wear masks at all times before, during and after class while on location. Children over age 2 who are able are encouraged to wear masks as well.
Social Distancing Procedures
- 4’ x 6’ mats with a distance of 12 feet in between will designate a spot for each family. Mats will be disinfected between classes. Families are welcome to bring a blanket and place it over the mat if desired.
- Teachers and families must maintain 6 feet social distance before and after class. Teachers will maintain 12 feet social distance from all families during class. We will get good at "air hugs!"
- Family “Islands"
- To maintain social distancing, each family will remain at their family “island” – if a child wanders "off shore," a grown-up can quickly "swim," scoop up their child and bring them back to their island, singing and dancing as they go!
- Although it is usually encouraged to let children wander during Music Together, we must take extra care to keep one another safe during this time. We will be doing more partner/dyad activities as a family to keep you and your child close and connected during class, as well as switching up what comes to class with you in your Family Music Tote to keep things fresh and engaging!
- Please be extra diligent about listening to the music and learning the songs this semester! It will help you and your child connect to the class experience more deeply.
What to Bring
- Families will receive suggestions before the session begins for things to have on hand when assembling your "Family Music Tote" to bring to class each week. Homemade instruments and household items work wonderfully, and we'll include links to online retail sources where you can purchase items if you wish. We will not be providing or sharing any instruments or props during class this session.
- Layers of clothing including grippy socks or slippers for you and your child. We will be keeping the windows cracked open on both sides of the room for fresh air flow so it may be a bit chillier than you are used to inside.
- Your positive, playful, musical self and your love of being with your child, family and friends!
- There will be a sanitized bathroom available to our class attendees inside the church with disinfecting wipes provided to wipe down surfaces you have touched. We recommend everyone uses the bathroom at home right before coming to class.
- There will be no in-person make-ups this semester. If you miss a class, you are welcome to schedule a make-up in one of our Zoom classes, easily scheduled through the Family Portal on our website. Likewise, we will not be offering any free demos in our in-person classes this semester in order to maintain a consistent group.
- Monitor your health and the health of the members of your household daily (from the CDC website):
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Especially important if you are running essential errands, going into the office or workplace, and in settings where it may be difficult to keep a physical distance of 6 feet.
- Take your temperature if symptoms develop.
- Don’t take your temperature within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could lower your temperature, like acetaminophen.
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
- Do not come to class if you, your child or anyone in your household is sick with any kind of illness.
- If you have been in close contact or if you share a residence with someone who has developed an upper respiratory infection/cough/fever or has tested positive for Covid, please contact us as soon as possible so we can take appropriate measures.
Contingency Plan for Change
- Should the public health situation worsen in our area before or during the Winter Session and indoor classes required to cease, all classes will move to our Music Together Online format.
- There will be no refunds or credits issued for any reason.
Assumption of the Risks and Waiver of Liability
Families must check off that they have read, understand, and agree to abide by the class policies set forth by Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, LLC, including the following statement:
As a willing participant of Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, my family and I agree to the following:
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS: I understand that naturally occurring disease processes (including, but not limited to, the novel coronavirus or COVID-19), may exist in the community, including at Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, and present an inherent risk that cannot be eliminated. I acknowledge that, although Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley is taking reasonable measures to avoid contact, transmittal, and exposure of disease processes like COVID-19 between people in our classes, it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that I and my child take appropriate actions to safe-guard ourselves. I understand and agree that as a registered member of Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, I am accepting and voluntarily assuming the risk that I or my child may be exposed and become ill as a result of COVID-19 and other diseases.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: I, on behalf of myself and my child hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and covenant not to sue Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley or the outdoor location owner (“Released Parties”) for any claims that may arise out of or relate in any way to my or my child’s exposure to any communicable disease, including but not limited to the novel coronavirus or COVID-19 or any other accident that may cause harm. The claims hereby released include, but are not limited to, claims of negligence against any of the Released Parties.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. BY ENROLLING IN CLASSES AT MUSIC TOGETHER OF WEST HARTFORD AND FARMINGTON VALLEY, I UNDERSTAND I HAVE GIVEN UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS AND THAT THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL DOCUMENT.
Return to Class Schedule or click here to Register