4 weekly 45-minute socially-distanced outdoor classes including parent education to help adults understand and enhance their child's musical development.
A professionally recorded CD (Family Favorites 2) including access code to unlock the current song collection digitally through the free Hello Everybody app, as well as on the Family Music Zone.
A 22-page booklet with lyrics and fun music-making activity for every song for use at home and on the go.
A quarterly e-newsletter and access to the national informative website.
For new families, a booklet entitled "Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers"
Unlimited access to our drop-in Zoom classes throughout the week, as well our private Facebook group exclusively for families enrolled in our Interim Session. For those not on Facebook, our live streams are archived and playable on demand in the Family Portal on our website.
*In the event of inclement weather (less than 32 degrees with windchill, actively precipitating, or at the discretion of our center director), class will be held on Zoom during your regularly scheduled time. We will always err on the side of holding class outside unless it would be unsafe or unreasonably uncomfortable to do so.
We have a special opportunity to come together in person for Music Together in an outdoor setting this Fall amidst highly unique circumstances. In order for our teachers and center as a whole to be able to provide this educational offering, we need the full cooperation of every participating family in adhering to the following policies and procedures which meet and exceed the State of CT guidelines:
- Please be sure to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled class time. We have added additional time between class groups to allow for an easy, spacious arrival window.
- Classes will be held at Flagg Road UCC at 134 Flagg Road, West Hartford, directly across the street from Westmoor Park.
- Park in the parking spots on the left, adjacent to the front lawn for easiest access to our class area.
- Classes will be limited to a maximum of 10 families.
- A maximum of 2 adults per family may attend class.
Adults and children over age 2 (as required by the State of CT) must wear masks and social distance upon arrival and departure, and when stepping away from their family's blanket for any reason.
- Once a family is situated on their blanket, masks may be removed. If movement away from the blanket is necessary, masks must be worn.
- Our teachers will wear masks before and after class.
- Please note that if for any reason we need to revise any aspect of this policy, changes will be immediately communicated to participating families.
Social Distancing Procedures
- Markers will be placed 16 feet apart on the lawn. Families will bring their own blanket and place it over the center of the marker.
- Teachers and families will maintain 6 feet social distance before and after class. Teachers will maintain 17 feet social distance from all families during class. We will get good at "air hugs!"
- Family "Fish Bowls"
- To maintain social distancing, each family will be a "fish family" – if a child wanders, a grown-up can quickly "swim," scoop up their child and bring them back to their family fish bowl, singing and dancing as they go!
- Although it is usually encouraged to let children wander during Music Together, we must take extra care to keep one another safe during this time. We will be doing more partner/dyad activities as a family to keep you and your child close and connected during class.
- Please be extra diligent about listening to the music and learning the songs this semester! It will help you and your child connect to the class experience more deeply.
What to Bring
- Families will receive information before the session begins on assembling a "family music tote" to bring to class each week. Homemade instruments and household items work wonderfully, and we'll include links to online retail sources where you can purchase items if you wish. We will not be providing or sharing any instruments or props during class this session.
- Water bottle, hand sanitizer, layers of clothing – plan for the outdoors and bring what you normally would for you and your child for a short outdoor activity. There is no trash can at our class area so please plan to carry in/carry out.
- You may wish to have a small tarp to place under your blanket in the event that the grass is damp after a period of rain.
- Your positive, playful, musical self and your love of being with your child, family and friends!
- There will be a sanitized bathroom available to our class attendees inside the church (a short walk from the lawn to the door). You may also prefer to bring a small portable potty for your child to use at your car or in a private spot away from our class area if needed. We recommend everyone uses the bathroom at home right before coming to class.
- There will be no in-person make-ups this semester. If you miss a class, you are welcome to schedule a make-up in one of our Zoom classes, easily scheduled through the Family Portal on our website. Likewise, we will not be offering any free demos in our in-person classes this semester in order to maintain a consistent group.
- Monitor your health and the health of the members of your household daily (from the CDC website):
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Especially important if you are running essential errands, going into the office or workplace, and in settings where it may be difficult to keep a physical distance of 6 feet.
- Take your temperature if symptoms develop.
- Don’t take your temperature within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could lower your temperature, like acetaminophen.
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
- Do not come to class if you, your child or anyone in your household is sick with any kind of illness.
- If you have been in close contact or if you share a residence with someone who has developed an upper respiratory infection/cough/fever or has tested positive for Covid, please contact us as soon as possible so we can take appropriate measures.
Contingency Plan for Change
- Should the public health situation worsen in our area during the Interim Session and outdoor classes required to cease, all outdoor classes will move to our Music Together Online format.
- There will be no refunds or credits issued for any reason.
Assumption of the Risks and Waiver of Liability
Families must check off that they have read, understand, and agree to abide by the class policies set forth by Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, LLC, including the following statement:
As a willing participant of Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, my family and I agree to the following:
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS: I understand that naturally occurring disease processes (including, but not limited to, the novel coronavirus or COVID-19), may exist in the community, including at Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, and present an inherent risk that cannot be eliminated. I acknowledge that, although Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley is taking reasonable measures to avoid contact, transmittal, and exposure of disease processes like COVID-19 between people in our classes, it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that I and my child take appropriate actions to safe-guard ourselves. I understand and agree that as a registered member of Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley, I am accepting and voluntarily assuming the risk that I or my child may be exposed and become ill as a result of COVID-19 and other diseases.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: I, on behalf of myself and my child hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and covenant not to sue Music Together of West Hartford and Farmington Valley or the outdoor location owner (“Released Parties”) for any claims that may arise out of or relate in any way to my or my child’s exposure to any communicable disease, including but not limited to the novel coronavirus or COVID-19 or any other accident that may cause harm. The claims hereby released include, but are not limited to, claims of negligence against any of the Released Parties.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. BY ENROLLING IN CLASSES AT MUSIC TOGETHER OF WEST HARTFORD AND FARMINGTON VALLEY, I UNDERSTAND I HAVE GIVEN UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS AND THAT THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL DOCUMENT.
Return to Class Schedule or click here to Register